Orthopedic Health of KC Newsletter September 2021
In This Issue:
- OHKC Logo
- Keeping Safe this Fall
- Clinic and Urgent Care Locations and Hours
The meaning behind the OHKC logo
In one of our first newsletters two years ago, we explained the OHKC logo that brands our office and sits proudly on the wall at our North Kansas City clinic. If you are newer to the newsletter, welcome!
The tree that is depicted in this illustration is the “Tree of Andry” and was first used in 1741 in a medical publication. Nicolas Andry was illustrating that a bent tree braced by a stake can train the tree to grow upward and straight. Andry used the tree as a metaphor to demonstrate the prevention and correction of deformities of the spine and bones of children.
Orthopedics, as a medical specialty, has evolved from spine care and pediatrics to additionally include the surgical correction of conditions involving all parts of the musculoskeletal system. At Orthopedic Health of Kansas City, we have specialists devoted to every type of orthopedic problem.
Safety tips to maximize the fun this fall
Fall weather brings pumpkin carving, hayrides, hot cider sipping, football, and so many more fun annual traditions. When you are making plans on what to do with your family and friends this fall, consider these safety tips below:
- Know what you’re jumping into. If you enjoy raking piles of leaves for the kids (or yourself – we get it!), make sure to eliminate any rocks and debris before creating the piles.
- Be cautious when wet. Rain tends to stick around when the temperatures aren’t as warm. Be extra conservative when walking across sidewalk grates or climbing ladders since both can be slippery when wet from the rain.
- Look for traffic signs. Back to school brings increased traffic in school zones. Buses making frequent stops while loading and unloading children add additional safety concerns. Be aware of school zone signs when driving.
- Change your batteries and fire extinguishers. Each daylight savings, it’s always a good idea to ensure that your smoke alarms have fresh batteries and that your fire extinguishers are not expired.
clinic and urgent care locations and hours
The OHKC physicians are seeing patients at three locations in the Kansas City metro area. Clinic hours and locations vary by physician and the office staff is happy to help you find the best fit for your schedule and locale by contacting our main line at 816-561-3003.
The three locations include: the North Kansas City office, across from North Kansas City Hospital, the Independence office at Centerpoint Medical Center, and the Shawnee Mission office at Advent Health Shawnee.
If you are seeking orthopedic urgent care, our North Kansas City office and Centerpoint office can meet your needs. Both clinics operate from
8am – 8pm Monday through Friday and the NKC location is open from 8am – 12pm on Saturdays.
Categories: Monthly Newsletter, News