When to See a Foot Doctor
Best Foot Doctors in Kansas City, MO
What does a foot doctor do and when should I see one?
Everyone will experience foot pain at some point in their lives. Our feet are susceptible to a wide range of injuries and conditions that can cause pain, discomfort, impact our well-being, and have negative effects on our quality of life. Understanding when and why you should see a foot doctor can help you regain and maintain your foot health. A foot doctor specializes in the health of the toes, foot, and ankle and treats chronic and acute conditions that affect the feet.
Our Walk-In Orthopedic Urgent Care Clinics are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm.
In addition, our NKC and Lenexa locations are open on Saturday from 8 am – 6 pm.
When To See a Foot Doctor
Make an appointment with a foot doctor if you’re experiencing:
- Persistent foot pain that doesn’t subside with over-the-counter pain medication, rest, or changes in footwear. Chronic pain could indicate there’s an underlying issue like plantar fasciitis or a heel fracture.
- Persistent and painful ingrown toenails.
- Skin and nail issues like warts, fungal infections, and painful calluses.
- If you’re diabetic and at risk of developing foot complications.
- Foot deformities like bunions, hammertoes, and flat feet or fallen arches.
- Athletic injuries like stress fractures, sprains, or strains.
- For preventative care. Regular visits with a foot specialist can help you identify problems and address them before they become bigger issues that impact your daily life.
Why You Should See a Foot Doctor
Our feet and ankles are the foundation for our entire body. Out of the 206 bones in our bodies, almost one-fourth are located in our feet. Keeping our feet and ankles free of pain while maintaining optimal mobility and flexibility, helps us pursue the activities we love. Your family doctor may be able to help treat some issues, but you should see a foot doctor for an expert diagnosis, personalized treatment, conservative and surgical options, and preventative foot care.
Treatments Foot Doctors Provide:
Foot doctors provide a comprehensive range of treatments to address foot and ankle conditions such as:
- Orthotics and custom-made shoe inserts to correct gait issues, provide support, and alleviate pain.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation exercises to help improve strength and retain mobility and flexibility.
- Prescribe medications for skin and nail issues such as antifungals.
- Wound care in treating foot ulcers and diabetic wounds, aiding in reducing the infection risk and preventing complications.
- Injection therapies to reduce pain and inflammation.
Regular visits to a foot doctor are essential to maintaining good foot health. It’s important for you to see a foot doctor to address any chronic pain, skin or nail symptom, deformity, or injury-related issue with a foot specialist promptly. A foot doctor can provide tailored treatment and expert diagnosis so you remain pain-free and mobile.
Heel Bone Fractures Care in Kansas City
If you have any of the above symptoms, call Orthopedic Health of Kansas City to schedule an appointment with one of our foot specialists in Kansas City. We will make sure you get back on your feet and back to enjoying the things you love. We serve patients from Kansas City, MO, Lenexa, KS, and Independence, MO.