Hip Osteoarthritis Treatment in Kansas City, MO
Osteoarthritis is a condition that many people develop with age. This condition in the hip causes pain and stiffness and can make it hard to do everyday activities like bending over, standing from a chair, or taking a short walk. Because this condition worsens over time, it is essential to start treatment sooner rather than later.
Our Walk-In Orthopedic Urgent Care Clinics are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm.
In addition, our NKC location is open on Saturday from 8 am – 12 pm.
Hip Osteoarthritis Symptoms
The most common symptom of hip osteoarthritis is pain which is typically worse in the morning or after resting for a while. Additional symptoms may include:
- Pain in the groin or thigh that radiates to the buttocks or kee
- Pain that flares up with a lot of activity
- Stiffness in the hip joint that makes it difficult to walk or bend
- “Locking” or “sticking” of the joint
- Grinding noise during movement of the joint
- Decreased range of motion that affects the ability to walk without a limp
- Increased joint pain with rainy weather
Hip Osteoarthritis Treatment
Although there is no cure for osteoarthritis, starting treatment early is key to successful treatment. Below are the non-surgical options for hip osteoarthritis:
- Lifestyle Modifications – Some changes in your daily life can help protect your hip joint and slow the progression of hip osteoarthritis
- Physical Therapy – Specific exercises can help increase range of motion and flexibility, as well as strengthen muscles in the hip and leg
- Assistive Devices – Using walking supports like a cane, crutches, or a walker can improve your mobility and independence
- Medications – Over-the-counter medications like Tylenol or Ibuprofen can help ease inflammation and pain. Corticosteroids can be prescribed or injected into the joint to help with pain as well
Hip Osteoarthritis Doctors
If you have any of the symptoms mentioned above, please contact Orthopedic Health of Kansas City and make an appointment with one of our Kansas City spine and back specialists. They will perform a complete examination, diagnosing and ultimately treating any problem. From simple physical therapy to complicated surgery, you’re in good hands with Orthopedic Health of Kansas City and we will do what it takes to get you active again.