Orthopedic Health of KC Newsletter June 2021
In This Issue:
- July 4th Safety
- Focus on Certified Athletic Trainers
July 4th Safety Tips
July 4th is full of quality time with family and friends.Many Americans gather to celebrate our nation’s independence and these get-togethers often involve grilling, fireworks, and swimming. Sometimes, these activities can result in unexpected injuries.
Here are a few tips to help you get through the holiday injury-free:
- Keep the grill away from the house.
- Always start with a clean grill.
- Never turn on a gas grill while the lid is closed.
- Never use a grill indoors.
- Always have a bucket of water on hand.
- Pull back loose hair and clothing.
- Point all fireworks away from yourself and others.
- Never try to light or handle malfunctioning fireworks.
- Know the water depth before diving.
- Swim with a friend and never swim alone.
- Stay hydrated by always having drinking water available.
- Never run around wet surfaces.
The staff at OHKC hopes that you enjoy celebrating with family and friends over the holiday.
Stay safe and keep cool!
Focus On: Athletic Trainers
Certified Athletic Trainers, or ATCs, work in a variety of healthcare settings to provide injury prevention, assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of acute and chronic injuries. TheATCs at OHKC are highly trained professionals working in tandem with our physicians to provide the highest quality care.
Our team of ATCs includes Lara McCracken, Cecilia Lane, Nicole Griffin, Alec Stahly, AnneHarrison, Ted Ferris, Alex Crawford, Dusti Bartnes, Rachel Roberts, Nicole Balderston, Stephen Newberry, Samantha Streit, Meg Rogers, Mark Mannon, and Phil Stallings.
Categories: Monthly Newsletter, News, Sports Medicine